Our 8th annual Laughter is the Best Medicine charity show will be benefitting the Richmond Women’s Resource Centre. To give you an idea of what the RWRC does for our community, here’s a blurb or two from their website:
Richmond Women’s Resource Centre (RWRC) is a nonprofit, volunteer organization founded in 1976.
It is run by and for women to improve their status in the community and society at large.
The Centre, which works closely with other community groups, is a friendly place where women of all ages can come and talk about various issues.
What We Do
- Empower women by providing support, encouragement, education, information and training so they are better equipped to make decisions in their own lives.
- Provide a safe place for women to come and share their experiences and celebrate their achievements.
- The Women’s Centre also works with other organizations in the community to provide services and address social justice issues for women. (For years, the Richmond Women’s Resource Centre was the lead agency and organizational support for the Richmond Coordinating Committee to End Violence Against Women in Relationships.)
- Our representatives participate on the Richmond Community Services Advisory Committee and the Richmond Poverty Response Committee.
- Every year we coordinate a celebration in honor of International Women’s Day (March 8).
- Every year we organize a vigil on December 6th, The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women, to remember the 14 women who were murdered at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal and all women who are victims of violence.
TMP Improv is proud to be partnering with the RWRC this year, and we hope you will join us on April 3 to help support the valuable work that the RWRC does in our community.